Question 19743

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Plaats reactie
dalopez
Berichten: 7
Lid geworden op: 16 sep 2025, 12:36

Question 19743

Bericht door dalopez »

Hi,
Question 19743: "What is the maximum permitted speed within a built-up area in the Wallon region when passing the sign indicating a pedestrian crossing?"

I don't understand why the correct answer is 50km/h. Because I understand that within the built-up area the maximum speed is 50, but if I am passing through a pedestrian crossing I must drive at a maximum of 30. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance
bert.covens
Berichten: 4824
Lid geworden op: 13 sep 2009, 10:11
Locatie: hemiksem

Re: Question 19743

Bericht door bert.covens »

dalopez schreef: 18 sep 2025, 11:49 Hi,
Question 19743: "What is the maximum permitted speed within a built-up area in the Wallon region when passing the sign indicating a pedestrian crossing?"
I don't understand why the correct answer is 50km/h.
As a explained : this sign does not set a (specific) speed limit.
dalopez schreef: 18 sep 2025, 11:49 Because I understand that within the built-up area the maximum speed is 50, but if I am passing through a pedestrian crossing I must drive at a maximum of 30. Is this correct?
No, that's not correct.

The speed limit remains at 50.

But please note that you still have to adapt your speed at all times !

40.4.2. In places where traffic is not controlled by an authorized person or by traffic lights, drivers may approach a pedestrian crossing only at a moderate speed. They must yield to pedestrians already on or about to cross.

And what constitutes an appropriate speed ? Well, that depends on several things.

Visibility, for example, is already a very important one.

The less visibility you have, the more careful you have to be ....
Goed autorijden, betekent vooral ook aan anderen denken
dalopez
Berichten: 7
Lid geworden op: 16 sep 2025, 12:36

Re: Question 19743

Bericht door dalopez »

thank you
Plaats reactie