Chapter 16 Crossing/passing and overtaking.

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
ashraf2003

Chapter 16 Crossing/passing and overtaking.

Bericht door ashraf2003 »

Hello folks 👋,

I read that it is prohibited on a speed hump to overtake any vehicle on the left including cyclist and mopeds but at the same time when i gave exam for practice it shows that i can overtake a cyclist on a speed hump. I am confused which one is correct?

It'll be appreciated if anyone help me out.

Thanks
AnkeB

Re: Chapter 16 Crossing/passing and overtaking.

Bericht door AnkeB »

Hello,
I think you can pass a cyclist on a speed hump but not a moped (because it has a engine and two wheels). This rule has changed last year.
Greets
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

The ban on overtaking any vehicle on a speedbump used to be part of the rules about speedbumps

But last year they included it with the other bans on overtaking
(aka Article 17)
https://www.wegcode.be/nl/regelgeving/1 ... 2u7pqaapvf

But this article doesn't ban overtaking cyclists (2 wheeled vehicles - you can't overtake a tricycle ! )

It also doesn't ban overtaking on the right, under the conditions that allow this
(ie the cyclist about to turn left and already having moved left in preparation to do so)
ashraf2003

Bericht door ashraf2003 »

AnkeB schreef: 22 mei 2024, 10:29 Hello,
I think you can pass a cyclist on a speed hump but not a moped (because it has a engine and two wheels). This rule has changed last year.
Greets
The reference in below . Its clearly written in a book that i cannot overtake . But in practice exam i saw is that i can overtake a cyclist but not any other vehicle.

Page no: 102 . Heading : SPEED HUMP

On a speed hump it is prohibited to overtake any vehicle on the left, including cyclist and mopeds.
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

The book is out of date ...

Books going out of date was originally one of the reasons why https://www.gratisrijbewijsonline.be was started

But later G R O issued its own books or collaborated with other book publishers ... and ran into the same issue
Plaats reactie