Learner's Permit

Alles i.v.m. praktijkopleiding en examen.
DA29

Learner's Permit

Bericht door DA29 »

Dear admins,

Many thanks for your help. I passed my theory exam (49/50). I did it with an English translator :D

I wanted to ask what the next steps should be. How many hours minimum do I need to practice before I can get Learner's permit? If you can explain or share a link where all this is explained, would be great. FYI: I already have an Indian license, does that make things any easier?
Inazuma

Re: Learner's Permit

Bericht door Inazuma »

DA29 schreef: 27 okt 2022, 17:30 How many hours minimum do I need to practice before I can get Learner's permit?
Either none, or 20 (+ the blessing of your driving instructor) depending on the kind of provisional licence B you want.

If you can explain or share a link where all this is explained, would be great.
In Flanders:
https://www.vlaanderen.be/en/how-to-obt ... ng-licence

In which region do you live ? (Flanders / Brussels / Wallonia ? )
Because it'll influence your options and the requirements somewhat.

I'd recommend to stick to the region where you live to do the exams
People have gotten into an administrative mess when not doing so.

For a Provisional driving licence with supervision, you'd need someone who complies with all these requirements:

Must officially live in Belgium

Must hold a Belgian or EU driver's licence for category B since at least 8 years
(If your supervisor has a licence limited to automatics, at least in Flanders you can't do the exam with a manual :!:
This requirement is nowhere to be found in the traffic / driver's licence laws however - and it may also apply to other regions)

May not be, nor have been, suspended from driving during the last 3 years
(as a result of a court conviction)

May not have acted as a supervisor to another driving student during the last year.
(Some exceptions exist for family)

You may have 2 such supervisors
Their details must be put on your licence

Passengers are not allowed

You need to practice at least 3 months before doing the exam.

Brussels has direct access , but with 30 hours of schooling.

FYI: I already have an Indian license, does that make things any easier?
If you can already drive a car, that'd make things a lot easier
You'd only need to learn to drive it the way we do or at least the way we want you to drive during an exam :mrgreen:

OTOH, you might need to drop some habits that the examiners here in Belgium may not like to see ...
Plaats reactie