White continuous line with broken white line

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Reza

White continuous line with broken white line

Bericht door Reza »

Lesson 2: If on my side (my left hand) of lane there is a broken white line and next to it is a white continuous line, I can take over another vechicle and go back to right.
Is there a situation in which I am not overtaking and I am on the side with the continuous white line in which case I cannot overtake?
It was not clear to me if the trafic could be one way or two way. Then I can imagine for the oncoming trafic for which they are on the side of the continuous white line, they cannot overtake.
Is this a serious offence for the driver who is on the side of the continuous white line (the continuous white line is on his left hand side), with the broken white line next to it, to cross it to overtake?

Overall I think the solid continuous white line placed next to a broken white line is to allow only one of the two way traffics to overtake while it is forbidden for the other one.
Inazuma

Re: White continuous line with broken white line

Bericht door Inazuma »

Reza schreef: 16 okt 2023, 23:20 Lesson 2: If on my side (my left hand) of lane there is a broken white line and next to it is a white continuous line, I can take over another vechicle and go back to right.
Correct

Not that you may only go right again, if you have actually overtaken another driver -/ car :!:
Is there a situation in which I am not overtaking and I am on the side with the continuous white line in which case I cannot overtake?
Oh yes
Few realise it

In all conditions under which you are not overtaking, you may not return to the right before the continuous line ends

Traffic jam, dense traffic, road signs making you choose a lane befitting where you want to go (F15 and F13 see theory)

There used to be a very long situation like this on the E17 towards Antwerp
F15 meaning you don't overtake, so once you got to the left lane, you were supposed to stay there ...

Not that anyone cared or knew ...

It was not clear to me if the trafic could be one way or two way.
Both situations !

Though on 2-way traffic roads, I suggest you DO go back to the right even if you couldn't overtake !
For obvious reasons :wink:

Overall I think the solid continuous white line placed next to a broken white line is to allow only one of the two way traffics to overtake while it is forbidden for the other one.
On a 2 way road, that's correct
Plaats reactie