Expired temporary drivers license

Alles i.v.m. praktijkopleiding en examen.
Evangelina763

Expired temporary drivers license

Bericht door Evangelina763 »

Please what is required by law after the 18 months temporary driver license expires?
Inazuma

Re: Expired temporary drivers license

Bericht door Inazuma »

Evangelina763 schreef: 19 okt 2020, 10:50 Please what is required by law after the 18 months temporary driver license expires?
You have a few options:

:arrow: you wait 3 years

:arrow: - you go to an official driving school, take at least 6h lessons, and then do the exam with the driving school

:arrow: - you apply for a new provisional licence, M12, valid for 12 months
Which requires someone to accompany you all the time , and who must be marked as such on your prov. licence)
Requirements:
Licence B holder for 8 years or more;
not suspended nor having been suspended from driving during the last 3 years;
eligible for a Belgian driver's licence;
not having acted in the same role for someone else in the last year (some exceptions apply for close family members)

If you theoretical exam is 3 years or older: you must pass that exam first before getting a new prov. licence
Evangelina763

My theory exam is still valid, do I get another license after doing the 6 hours with a driving school or what?
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Evangelina763 schreef: 20 okt 2020, 10:46 My theory exam is still valid, do I get another license after doing the 6 hours with a driving school or what?
You can get a provisional licence M12 right away

Or try and take the practical exam , and if that's no success, only then get a prov licence M12

(but remember: 2 failed attemps @ practical exam = 6 more hours of driving school ...)
Evangelina763

Hello, thanks for your reply. I don't have someone that can be my coach for the M12, but if i get someone must the person be the one that must be present whenever I want to do the driving exam?
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Evangelina763 schreef: 22 okt 2020, 08:51 Hello, thanks for your reply. I don't have someone that can be my coach for the M12, but if i get someone must the person be the one that must be present whenever I want to do the driving exam?
Yes

You can have 2 of these "accompanying" persons on your provisional licence
At least 1 must be with you at all times when you drive , and one of them needs to join you for the exam ...

If you can't find someone to coach you, you'll need to take driving lessons, or wait ...
Plaats reactie