Question 8972: Breath test / who

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Erlend

Question 8972: Breath test / who

Bericht door Erlend »

I remember a question about whether a pedestrian who is involved in an accident can be asked to take a breath test.
The answer was Yes, as I remember it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Afbeelding

If I remember correctly, this question is at best confusing. I mean, A is probably not correct either; as it won't be asked from passengers.
GRO
Administrator

Re: Question 8972: Breath test / who

Bericht door GRO »

Answer C is correct.
The answer:
'a pedestrian on a public road' (it means every pedestrian)
is not the same as 'a pedestrian who is involved in an accident''.
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Erlend schreef: 16 mar 2021, 22:03 If I remember correctly, this question is at best confusing. I mean, A is probably not correct either; as it won't be asked from passengers.
Pedestrians can be subjected to an alcohol test under different legislation, or when involved in an accident (even as victim)

And there are cases where "passengers" have been tested
on suspicion they swapped places with the driver
or when it's unclear who was driving

Anyone who might have contributed to an accident, may be subjected to an alcohol test
In Dutch, Art 59 §1 1° :

https://wegcode.be/wetteksten/secties/w ... /470-t4hs9

I've mentioned the complexity of Belgian traffic legislatioàn before ...
If every question has to mention every exception every time, the questions are going to be quite a long read ...
Erlend

Bericht door Erlend »

Thanks!
ACH

Bericht door ACH »

Hi- I am struggling on similar topic, what is the distinction between the 'breath test' v 'breath analysis', to me it is not clear in the book on page 176. Thank you
GRO
Administrator

Bericht door GRO »

The difference and the rules are explained in lesson 28.
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

ACH schreef: 02 mei 2021, 21:55 Hi- I am struggling on similar topic, what is the distinction between the 'breath test' v 'breath analysis', to me it is not clear in the book on page 176. Thank you
The breath test is actually a screening method

Often replaced as a screening test by simply blowing towards a sniffer device these days, as the breath test takes a fair bit of time and effort

If you fail the breath test, or the sniffer test (meaning the alcohol level in your breath is to high) you'll be subjected to a breath analysis, which is more accurate and returns a number to quantify the level of intoxication.

To confuse things even further the breath test and breath analysis can be done on the same device, working in different modes ...
Plaats reactie