Question 8637: Waiting near end of cycle lane

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Erlend

Question 8637: Waiting near end of cycle lane

Bericht door Erlend »

[img]https://i.imgur.com/I2fw41g.png/[img]

It looks to me like the cycle lane ends just in front of the car, is that correct?
In that case, it's not allowed to wait there, right? (but maybe I misunderstand the picture)
Erlend

Re: Question 8637: Waiting near end of cycle lane

Bericht door Erlend »

Sorry for the broken link
Afbeelding
Inazuma

Re: Question 8637: Waiting near end of cycle lane

Bericht door Inazuma »

Erlend schreef: 14 mar 2021, 21:35 It looks to me like the cycle lane ends just in front of the car, is that correct?
Well, it's not ending there as there's a sign indicating a cycling path
Though for the life of me I couldn't decide what part of the street would be the cycling path beyond said sign ...

Welcome in Belgium, where the government is the biggest traffic offender of all.
Which means that whenever you're taking pictures of a road situation, you're highly likely to photograph something illegal or something that's just not quite right - like here

By the looks of it, there seems to be a very faint cyclist's crossing on the road
(you must park and wait 5m or more from those as well)

The sign indicating the cycling path seems to have been turned around
(beyond friction, nothing on Belgian road signs keeps them from rotating on their poles - however simple it is to avoid that)

The square sign of which we only see the back, is probably an F50 indicating a cyclist's crossing
Afbeelding

Code: Selecteer alles

In that case, it's not allowed to wait there, right? (but maybe I misunderstand the picture)
You're not allowed to wait or park 5m or less from the end of a cycling path - that's a bit over the length of a car.

The cycling path seems to continue further than 5m beyond the car
Up to somewhere around the two bollards on the right ?

The dotted yellow line is probably there to lengthen that parking ban.
Plaats reactie