Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Rohit Verma

Bericht door Rohit Verma »

This is question 8361
Who is allowed to cross first at the junction?

A. The blue car.
B. The white car.

Afbeelding

My question is how does the White car sees the STOP line infront of the Blue car. I dont see any priority sign or zone for White car ?

In normal circumstances the White car has to give priority to the right to Blue car.

Please explain

Regards,
Rohit
Rohit Verma

Re: 8361

Bericht door Rohit Verma »

I see now that there is a priority sign which is not visible for me but I should take into consideration the STOP line for Blue car and answer the question
GRO
Administrator

Bericht door GRO »

Indeed. You can see a wide stop line before the intersection. This means that there is a stop traffic sign just outside the image. The blue car must stop in front of the stop line.

Afbeelding
Erlend

Bericht door Erlend »

Hey,

I also came here because of some confusion with this question:
I did not know prior to this question, that a stop line like that would indicate that you have to yield. Can someone give the full story here?
I read in the start of Chapter 20 about priority from the right: "Even when the driver from the right comes to a complete stop and then drives on, he still has priority and may drive on to the crossroad first." From that sentence, I would have thought the answer to be A. The blue car.
Does a stop sign/line really imply that you have to yield / give priority?
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Erlend schreef: 13 mar 2021, 18:42 I did not know prior to this question, that a stop line like that would indicate that you have to yield. Can someone give the full story here?
It doesn't ...

But it's an indication there SHOULD be a STOP-sign

Especially in Flanders, you'll find LOTS of places where the priority sign Afbeelding is missing.

In these cases, the only indication will be the STOP-sign + stop-line or yield-sign + shark's teeth on the crossing road

I read in the start of Chapter 20 about priority from the right: "Even when the driver from the right comes to a complete stop and then drives on, he still has priority and may drive on to the crossroad first."
That applies only when there are no priority signs on the intersection
(it used to be that if you stopped, you also lost priority from the right)

Does a stop sign/line really imply that you have to yield / give priority?
The STOP / Yield signs legally imply you have to stop or give way

The stop-line or shark's teeth without the signs, legally do not imply that one has to stop/yield ...
Erlend

Bericht door Erlend »

Thanks a lot!
Plaats reactie