Q 8482

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Gast

Q 8482

Bericht door Gast »

**additionally** the question 8482, which is a similar to the 10883, with the difference that the closed lane is the one on the right, says that the right answer is that the one that has priority is the car driving on the "about-to-be closed lane". However the system when replying wrongly, doesnt justify that the car on the right should go first becuase of priority, but because of "Court of Cassation Rulings". What does it mean?

Thanks
Rafael
Administrator

Re: Q 8482

Bericht door Rafael »

"Court of Cassation" is the highest court in Belgium.

So basicly:
Afbeelding
B first - Court / judges.

Afbeelding
B first as lane A closes.

I've moved your question to a new topic; keep it simple: one question per topic ;-)
Gast

Bericht door Gast »

So in this two cases, IF there were slow traffic....

1. In the first case, Car B still crosses but for a different reason: zipping, right?

2. AND in the second situation, B doesnt have priority as in the Court of Cassation rule. Therefore A comes first as it is its lane that closes, due to zipping, right?

So just the fact that there is slow traffic not only changes who gives priority, but also the reason why?

thanks!
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Gast schreef: 19 aug 2019, 21:27 So in this two cases, IF there were slow traffic....

1. In the first case, Car B still crosses but for a different reason: zipping, right?
Right

Unless A has already let another car zip in ... :idea:

2. AND in the second situation, B doesnt have priority as in the Court of Cassation rule. Therefore A comes first as it is its lane that closes, due to zipping, right?
Every driver in the continuing lane (B) must let 1 driver from the ending lane (A) zip in

So just the fact that there is slow traffic not only changes who gives priority, but also the reason why?
And makes things mightily complicated ... but yes.

These situations are very hard to prove without camera or witnesses
Even the definition of "severely slowed traffic" is unclear and depends on personal interpretation
Gast

Bericht door Gast »

Thank you!

But now I am confused.... I have encounter the question 8284 (similar numbers as the one of this topic) which has the same image that Rafael shared (the second image), where he said that in that case car A has priority.... so i replied the same way on question 8284, and it was wrong!
That question does not mention that there is slow traffic..

thanks
Rafael
Administrator

Bericht door Rafael »

Are you sure you've got the correct image? This is 8284:

Afbeelding

With question if the blue car is allowed to overtake the brown one...
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Gast schreef: 22 aug 2019, 21:18 That question does not mention that there is slow traffic..
Slow traffic is a mandatory requirement to apply the zipping rule ...

So if it isn't mentioned in the question, you don't apply the zipping rule
Plaats reactie