Obstacle obliges cyclists to enter the road

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Hasitha

Obstacle obliges cyclists to enter the road

Bericht door Hasitha »

Hi,

In the book in lesson 26, drivers are allowed to wait but not allowed to park on the road where the cycle lane is obliged with an obstacle.

1)Can i know is this apply only for waiting on the road? What about waiting on the verge?

2)Also at where parking should start again before and after this obstacle? (On the road and on the verge?)
Inazuma

Re: Obstacle obliges cyclists to enter the road

Bericht door Inazuma »

Hasitha schreef: 18 aug 2019, 14:02 In the book in lesson 26, drivers are allowed to wait but not allowed to park on the road where the cycle lane is obliged with an obstacle.

1)Can i know is this apply only for waiting on the road? What about waiting on the verge?
It's forbidden where cyclists or pedestrians need to use the roadway to avoid an obstacle.

Says nothing about where the car is being parked ... i.e. parking is forbidden both on the roadway and on the verge

Keep in minder that waiting (and parking) anywhere where it's an unnecessary hindrance, is always forbidden

2)Also at where parking should start again before and after this obstacle?
Beyond or before the obstacle, in such a way as not to hinder the cyclists or pedestrians

That is, you must leave them space to get off and back onto the cycling path or sidewalk
Otherwise you hinder them unnecessarily, which is an offence ...
Hasitha

Re: Obstacle obliges cyclists to enter the road

Bericht door Hasitha »

Thanks for the explanation. Answer is very clear.
Plaats reactie