Question 8887

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
Hasitha

Question 8887

Bericht door Hasitha »

The answer of this question is quite confusing.
Answer is "place the warning triangle"

My opinion-
When somebody hit the car, before we place the warning triangle i believe we should check the condition of the person who injured. If he haven't any serious damages, then we should think about other prevention.
In this question, there is nothing mentioned about the condition of the injured person. That's why i was bit confused.
Inazuma

Re: Question 8887

Bericht door Inazuma »

First priority is always to secure the accident spot and prevent further accidents

Which legally means putting up the warning triangle / use the warning lights

It's no use checking out the condition of an injured person, if it means another vehicle may plow into the unsignalled / invisible accident pile ...
Jozef
Medewerker

Bericht door Jozef »

Hasitha schreef: 17 aug 2019, 23:45 The answer of this question is quite confusing.
Answer is "place the warning triangle"

My opinion-
When somebody hit the car, before we place the warning triangle i believe we should check the condition of the person who injured. If he haven't any serious damages, then we should think about other prevention.
That's completely wrong, because it is extremely dangerous !

The first thing to do is always to take the required measures to avoid one or more other accidents. Otherwise, more people can become injured or die, and if you are one of them, you cannot do anything more with respect to the first accident.
Hasitha

Bericht door Hasitha »

Thanks for the quick responses.
I agree with your comments. But in practical situation, let's say accident in a motor way, driver should place the warning triangles in 100m away from the accident and it will take more than 2-3 min in generally. If the injured person need a quick support as an example for breathing, definitely he will die once driver comes back after putting warning triangles.
Are there any excuses in such situations to place warning triangles secondly?
I saw one of question also checked the same knowledge.
Jozef
Medewerker

Bericht door Jozef »

In some situations in life we unfortunately have to choose the least harm.

On February 27th, 1996, on the motorway E17 in Nazareth, more than 200 cars were involved in a collision. 10 people died, 56 people were seriously injured and 30 people were slightly injured.

Compare this with the person with a breathing problem. Statistically, the chance to succeed to reanimate him is 9%, reducing with 1% per minute, if done by a professional, and 2% if done by a layman.

It is of course the most favorable if several people can help at the same time. But remember, never say for instance "could someone please place a triangle?", as then, you can be sure that nobody will do it. Point at some person and say him clearly: "You, place a triangle please, you!"
Hasitha

Bericht door Hasitha »

Great answer! Thanks a lot.
1 more question on same warning triangle.

If a person breakdowns his car at a parking place (or heavy populated area) and if he needs to place the warning triangle, still this 30m rule applies? If yes, then triangle may place behind few other cars and people may confuse!

Also if a car breakdown in a dangerous bend, is it possible to place the warning triangle distance more than 30m?
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Hasitha schreef: 30 aug 2019, 00:26 If a person breakdowns his car at a parking place (or heavy populated area) and if he needs to place the warning triangle, still this 30m rule applies? If yes, then triangle may place behind few other cars and people may confuse!
Signalling a broken down car is only required when it ends up somewhere where parking isn't allowed
Also if a car breakdown in a dangerous bend, is it possible to place the warning triangle distance more than 30m?
Yes
You'd place the triangle before the bend in that case, even if that's further

The triangle must be visible to oncoming traffic from at least 50m
Hasitha

Bericht door Hasitha »

In my previous question, in a busy area, is it possible to put warning triangle inside the car if it visible?
Plaats reactie