Instruction and information sign

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
anuborde

Instruction and information sign

Bericht door anuborde »

Hello Team,

I went though this topic on this forum but still I am not able to differenciate between these two signs.

Please let me know the difference between information and instruction signs. How to identify that? Do you also have document in which all instructions and information signs are attached with the labels indicating if it is instruction or information sign.

Regards,
Inazuma

Re: Instruction and information sign

Bericht door Inazuma »

anuborde schreef: 27 mar 2018, 19:34 I went though this topic on this forum but still I am not able to differenciate between these two signs.

Please let me know the difference between information and instruction signs. How to identify that? Do you also have document in which all instructions and information signs are attached with the labels indicating if it is instruction or information sign.
Instruction signs are blue / white &round, and are compulsory.

Information signs are a mixed bunch
Mostly blue / white and rectangular / square , but with many exceptions added through the years
Jozef
Medewerker

Re: Instruction and information sign

Bericht door Jozef »

You can find the road signs by category in art. 65 until 71 of the traffic regulations.

Instruction signs inform you to do something. For instance, the sign D1

Afbeelding

instructs you to drive straight.

Information signs just inform you about something, but by themselves, they don't instruct you to do something. For instance, the sign F5

Afbeelding

just informs you about the beginning of a highway.

One could say that, on a highway, it is for example forbidden to turn back. However, this is not forbidden by the sign F5, but by one of the traffic rules for highways.
Plaats reactie