Practical examination with a foreign (Non-EU) driver's license and 20 hours of Lessons + Temporary License from Belgium

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
codejunkie

Practical examination with a foreign (Non-EU) driver's license and 20 hours of Lessons + Temporary License from Belgium

Bericht door codejunkie »

Hello Everyone,

I have a non-EU permanent driver's license. I am aware that I cannot exchange my driver's license in Belgium. I am not required to follow courses and I can do the practical exam immediately. My situation is -

1. I have followed 20 hours of lessons from VAB driving school.
2. I have passed the theory examination
3. I have obtained a temporary driver's license from Belgium.

Do I still need to wait for 9 months before I can do the practical exam? I have tried contacting the Exam centre but they only speak Dutch and hence I am unable to make them understand.

Please help!
GRO
Administrator

Re: Practical examination with a foreign (Non-EU) driver's license and 20 hours of Lessons + Temporary License from Belg

Bericht door GRO »

When did you receive your temporary driving license?
codejunkie

Re: Practical examination with a foreign (Non-EU) driver's license and 20 hours of Lessons + Temporary License from Belg

Thank you for prompt reply. I received my temporary license earlier this month.

Some additional information -
I had attempted the practical test in May, 2018 after attending 6 hours of lessons at VAB and failed. After this I decided to take 20 hours and then attempt the again. I was advised by VAB to obtain a temporary license and practice for while and then attempt the exam using my permanent license instead of my temporary license. I followed their instructions.

For the practical exam, one of the documents required is the proof of passing the theory exam. But I had to submit this original document at the city hall to obtain my temporary license. How can I do the practical exam based on my permanent license without this document? Lastly, can I still do the exam based on my permanent license after practicing for a few days with my temporary license?
Laatst gewijzigd door codejunkie op 21 jul 2018, 18:26, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

Belgian driver's licence regulation is a complete mess ... welcome :!:

As you have a foreign driver's licence (however, apparently not recognised by Belgium and thus not simply exchangeable)
You were and are not required to follow any schooling
All you had to do was pass the theory & practical exams, as you did in May

You can get a copy of the proof you passed the theory exam @ the examination centre

Don't know if your licence is limited in time, but if it is:

Make sure to do the practical exam while your original driver's licence is still valid :!:
codejunkie

Thank you for your reply. I have a copy my theory exam score sheet and my permanent license is valid until 2026. So, let's assume that I register for the practical exam based on my permanent license(non-EU). If I pass the exam will I be granted a permanent (EU) license even though I have a temporary Belgian driver's license and I haven't completed 9 months driving by myself?
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

codejunkie schreef: 21 jul 2018, 14:39 my permanent license is valid until 2026.
So you have 7 years to get a licence - should work :wink:
So, let's assume that I register for the practical exam based on my permanent license(non-EU)
And proof you passed the theory ...

That's how you did the first practical exam, right ?

You're legally exempt from schooling , learner's permits and all that.
You can use them to get a feel for our driving situations and what's expected from you out on the road, but they're not a requirement.

If I pass the exam will I be granted a permanent (EU) license even though I have a temporary Belgian driver's license and I haven't completed 9 months driving by myself?
You'll have to return the temporary / provisional licence in order to get a permanent Belgian licence issued
(Permanent, well, it's valid for 10 years, and then it's due for administrative renewal)
codejunkie

Thank you. I'll make an appointment for the practical exam then. :) :)
Plaats reactie