Question regarding voorlopig rijbewijs

Vragen over de leerstof i.v.m. het Rijbewijs B.
sweetrt83

Question regarding voorlopig rijbewijs

Bericht door sweetrt83 »

Hi,

I am preparing for the theorie exam for rijbewijs B and plan to appear next month.
I understand that I can get a voorlopig license after I pass the theorie exam and 20 uur driving lessons with a recognised driving school.
I had a few questions regarding the voorlopig license:
1) Can I drive ALONE (without begeleider/ driving school) with a voorlopig license?
2) Can I drive in Holland/ germany with my voorlopig license

Many thanks in advance
RT
wooter

Re: Question regarding voorlopig rijbewijs

Bericht door wooter »

You can drive alone, but only in Belgium.
Inazuma

Bericht door Inazuma »

sweetrt83 schreef:I understand that I can get a voorlopig license after I pass the theorie exam and 20 uur driving lessons with a recognised driving school.
If you obtain a temporary licence that way, (voorlopig rijbewijs B zonder begeleider / valid for 18 months), you'll be entitled to drive alone - i.e. without "begeleider".
You may however be accompanied by someone with a valid licence B, who must be 24 or older.
1) Can I drive ALONE (without begeleider/ driving school) with a voorlopig license?
see above

FYI :
After you pass the theoretical exam, you can also obtain a temporary licence B without taking driving lessons.
This temporary licence (voorlopig rijbewijs B met begeleider / valid for 36 months) will require you to always be accompanied by a tutor (begeleider).

Requirements for this tutor :
- must have a driver's licence B for at least 8 years
- must be able to obtain a Belgian driver's licence (i.e. must officially live in Belgium)
- may not currently be suspended from driving, nor may he have been suspended during the past 3 years.

2) Can I drive in Holland/ germany with my voorlopig license
No, a Belgian temporary licence is only valid in Belgium.

If you get caught abroad, you'll be prosecuted for driving without a licence.
bert.covens

Bericht door bert.covens »

sweetrt83 schreef:Can I drive in Holland/ germany with my voorlopig license
No, that temporary driver's license is only valid in Belgium. And, don't forget: if you drive abroad, your car may no longer be insured!
So, don't take that risk!
Goed autorijden, betekent vooral ook aan anderen denken
sweetrt83

Bericht door sweetrt83 »

Thank you very much for all your quick replies.
I have one last question.
I purchased the book "Driving in Belgium" for the theory exam.
Can someone tell me where does the CODE NUMBER stand in the book which is to be used to get access to the exercises on this website?

Thanks again
Jetson

Bericht door Jetson »

As far as I know you have to send a text message with your cellphone to get access to the practice exams on this site, it costs 2,5 euros (I also think the practice tests are only available in Dutch). It's probably best to wait for a moderator to reply so as not to waste money in case your book has a free code in it.
GRO
Administrator

Bericht door GRO »

I purchased the book "Driving in Belgium" for the theory exam.
If you didn,t buy in the shop the packet "5 IN ONE" (books and site), but only a book, you will not find the access code.
As far as I know you have to send a text message with your cellphone to get access to the practice exams on this site, it costs 2,5 euros (I also think the practice tests are only available in Dutch). It's probably best to wait for a moderator to reply so as not to waste money in case your book has a free code in it.
Not for the site: http://www.drivinglicence-belgium.be" target="_blank
Plaats reactie