I understand that I can get a voorlopig license after I pass the theorie exam and 20 uur driving lessons with a recognised driving school.
If you obtain a temporary licence that way, (voorlopig rijbewijs B zonder begeleider / valid for 18 months), you'll be entitled to drive alone - i.e. without "begeleider".
You may however be accompanied by someone with a valid licence B, who must be 24 or older.
1) Can I drive ALONE (without begeleider/ driving school) with a voorlopig license?
After you pass the theoretical exam, you can also obtain a temporary licence B without taking driving lessons.
This temporary licence (voorlopig rijbewijs B met begeleider / valid for 36 months) will require you to always be accompanied by a tutor (begeleider).
Requirements for this tutor :
- must have a driver's licence B for at least 8 years
- must be able to obtain a Belgian driver's licence (i.e. must officially live in Belgium)
- may not currently be suspended from driving, nor may he have been suspended during the past 3 years.
2) Can I drive in Holland/ germany with my voorlopig license
No, a Belgian temporary licence is only valid in Belgium.
If you get caught abroad, you'll be prosecuted for driving without a licence.